Exercising Faith: Day 1

 Day 1

Example: David’s life

David faced many giants. Not just the philistine soldier. His life was in danger and he spent many years in hiding. He lived in caves trusting in God to take care of the giants. When he finally came out of hiding he found his home burned to the ground. There were more giants to face but David stepped back and trusted God to take vengeance when it was time.(To read about these events you can start in 1st Samuel 17 when David fights his first giant.)


Reflection: I'm not fighting tall men or women, but there are spiritual giants or spiritual attacks that I must face daily. There are bullies all throughout this world and I must choose to stand firm and let the Lord handle it. 


Actions:

First choose not to be a giant, don't be a fallen one. Stand firm, setting your feet upon the foundation of the gospel of peace. Yes I'm referring to the armour of the Lord. Physically pretend to dress yourself each morning in the full armour of God found in Ephesians 6:10-18. 

The weapons of this world are not tangible, you can't see them nor touch them but they are being fired at you everyday. We need to be prepared. Faith is our preparation. Faith is the evidence that we are not going to be harmed by the arrows that fly at us during the day. 

 

Step two is to verbally declare to trust the Lord. Remind yourself that God is in control and that he’s going to handle it. Grab a scripture inspired bracelet or pen, swap your regular notebook out for one with bible verses and actually take time to read what they say. 

This is bringing into captivity every negative thought and replacing it with trust in the Lord. David had negative thoughts we see that throughout Psalms when he asks the Lord why he’s forgotten him or why he lets his enemies reign over him, but David doesn't dwell on those thoughts he acknowledges that they're there and he lets it all out but he actively reminds himself that it is the Lord which will save and deliver us from all evil. 


Finally, Pray by all things pray. Prayer is how we build up our faith. If you don't know what to pray, pray scripture. I usually suggest praying Psalms but today I feel like telling you to pray Ephesians 6:10-18 over yourself.

Start by saying Lord I take the whole armour of God and put it on piece by piece (list the pieces according to Scripture) so I can remain strong and faithful. My strength comes from you and I will trust in you because you have given me the proper amour to stand against those spiritual arrows coming at me. (You can list the armor again to remind yourself of what they are if need be). 

Comments

Featured Post

UPDATE!!!

  Once again I'd like to announce that updates are coming to Grace's Inspirational Corner this month you can view Inspirational images updated everyday at 9am. Next month will be a daily Wallpaper posted each day also at 9am for your inspiration. I encourage you to share these photos with a friend. Let us remember that the reason Grace's Corner was created was for us to do good and share with others. It was created as a tool of encouragement to help us edify the body of Christ. It was created with the goal of reaching one more soul. To tell others both the saved and lost that there is only one God who loves them no matter what. With all that in mind coming soon there will be more posts made which include, a morning praise message, an Inspirational song, images/wallpapers, and an evening prayer. So keep checking back to be encouraged each and every day.